Kniha: Fundamentals of Psychology v anglickom jazyku
Názov: Fundamentals of Psychology
Autor: Eysenck, MichaelVydavateľ: Psychology Press, 2008
Dostupnosť: 2-3 týždne
Aimed at those new to the subject, Fundamentals of Psychology is a clear and reader-friendly textbook that will help students explore and understand the essentials of psychology. This text offers a balanced and accurate representation of the discipline through a highly accessible synoptic approach, which seamlessly brings together all the various related topics.
Fundamentals of Psychology combines an authoritative tone, a huge range of psychological material and an informal, analogy-rich style. The text expertly blends admirably up-to-date empirical research and real-life examples and applications, and is both readable and factually dense. The book introduces all the main approaches to psychology, including social, developmental, cognitive, biological, individual differences, and abnormal psychology, as well as psychological research methods. However, it also includes directions for more detailed and advanced study for the interested student.
Fundamentals of Psychology incorporates many helpful textbook features which will aid students and reinforce learning, such as:
- Key-term definitions
- Extremely clear end-of-chapter summaries
- Annotated further reading sections
- Evaluations of significant research findings
- Numerous illustrations presented in attractive full color.
This textbook is also accompanied by a comprehensive program of resources for both students and instructors, which is available free to qualifying adopters. The resources include a web-based Student Learning Program, as well as chapter-by-chapter lecture slides and an interactive chapter-by-chapter multiple-choice question test bank.
Combining exceptional content, abundant pedagogical features, and a lively full-color design, Fundamentals of Psychology is an essential resource for anyone new to the subject and more particularly those beginning undergraduate courses. The book will also be ideal for students studying psychology within education, nursing and other healthcare professions.
1. Introduction. 2. Historical and Conceptual Issues. Part 1. Introduction to Biological Psychology. 3. Human Motivation. 4. Emotion, Stress, and Coping. 5. States of Awareness. Part 2. Introduction to Cognitive Psychology. 6. Visual Perception and Attention. 7. Conditioning and Learning. 8. Human Memory. 9. Thinking: Problem Solving and Decision Making. 10. Language. Part 3. Introduction to Individual Differences. 11. Intelligence. 12. What Does Personality Look Like? Part 4. Introduction to Developmental Psychology. 13. Cognitive Development: Specific Abilities. 14. Theories of Cognitive Development. 15. Social Development in Everyday Life. 16. Attachments and Friendships. Part 5. Introduction to Social Psychology. 17. Social Cognition. 18. Social Behavior and Relationships. 19. Group Processes. 20. Intergroup Processes. Part 6. Introduction to Abnormal Psychology. 21. Approaches to Abnormality. 22. Therapeutic Approaches. Part 7. Introduction to Research Methods. 23. Psychological Inquiry. 24. Design of Investigations. 25. Data Analysis.
712 strá, brožované vydanie