Kniha: Psychiatry 4th Revised Edition v anglickom jazyku
Názov: Psychiatry 4th Revised Edition
Autor: Gelderen , van D.M.Vydavateľ: Oxford University Press, 2012
Dostupnosť: 2-3 týždne
- Many chapters revised and new chapters added including the epidemiology of psychiatric disorders, attitudes towards psychiatry and sleep disorders
- Integrates the description of all key psychiatric conditions with details of their clinical management, placing the study of psychiatry in a real-world context.
- Extensive learning features, including case studies and boxes describing current research into psychiatric conditions, make the book an invaluable course companion.
- An Online Resource Centre features additional materials for both lecturers and students, increasing the value of the text as a teaching and learning tool.
New to this edition
- Extensive reorganization sees chapters divided into five sections representing different aspects of clinical practice to emphasise the main themes covered by the field, and to bring more common topics nearer the front of the book.
- New chapters have been added on: the epidemiology of psychiatric disorders; attitudes towards psychiatry; thinking about diagnosis; thinking about prognosis; sleep disorders; risk assessment; keeping yourself well and careers in psychiatry.
- Mood disorders are now covered in two chapters; one covering unipolar depression, and the other bipolar disorders.
- Many existing chapters have been expanded and/or altered considerably, including: aetiology; settings of care (formerly care in the community); psychological treatments; social treatments; stressful experiences; eating disorders; child and adolescent psychiatry.
- There are chapters pertaining to the specific management of special groups, e.g. children, older adults and those presenting with a physical disorder.
- For each major psychiatric condition, information on screening is now included within the specific chapter for that condition.
- The management sections for all diagnoses have been totally rewritten to incorporate relevant clinical guidelines (e.g. NICE guidance) and recent research innovations.
- Each chapter now contains at least one case study and at least one 'science box'; a short description or discussion of current research pertaining to the clinical conditions in the chapter
Psychiatry introduces medicine students to the subject in a concise, innovative and memorable way. Its patient-centred approach blends a discussion of the theoretical basis of different psychiatric disorders with an explanation of the management of these disorders in everyday clinical practice, using genuine case histories to place the content in a realistic context.
Recognizing that having positive interactions with a patient is central to the provision of successful psychiatric care, the book includes guidance on history-taking and assessment, while also reflecting best practice as set out by current clinical guidelines.
Having undergone an extensive revision for this fourth edition, and covering all the major psychiatric conditions in a logically-structured way, the book is an invaluable guide to all individuals who are likely to encounter those with psychiatric problems, including students of medicine, healthcare, and social work.
Online Resource Centre
The Online Resource Centre to accompany Psychiatry features
· Figures and tables from the book in electronic format
· Self-assessment materials for students
· Updates on the latest clinical guidelines
Readership: Medical students in their clinical years. It will also be of interest to GPs, social work and clinical psychology students.
1: Signs, symptoms and diagnosis
4: Personality and its disorders
5: Reactions to stressful experiences
6: Anxiety and obsessional disorders
7: Somatoform and dissociative disorders
8: Mood disorders
9: Schizophrenia and related disorders
10: Delirium, dementia and other cognitive disorders
11: Psychiatry and medicine
12: Disorders of eating and sleeping
13: Suicide and deliberate self harm
14: Problems due to the use of alcohol and other psychoactive substances
15: Problems of sexuality and gender
16: Psychiatry of the elderly
17: Drugs and other physical treatments
18: Psychological treatment
19: Mental health care for a community
20: Child and adolescent psychiatry
21: Learning disability
22: Psychiatry and the law
- 488 pages, 50 illustrations and 10 photos
- 264 x 196 mm, 1038 grams