- Anglický jazyk
Autor: H. Whish
Clavis Syriaca is an excellent study tool for students who whish to study the Syriac Peshitta New Testament. It furnishes a complete analysis of the text of the Gospels of the Peshitta New Testament. The verses are listed one after the other. Under each... Viac o knihe
Na objednávku, dodanie 2-4 týždne
bežná cena: 144.70 €
Clavis Syriaca is an excellent study tool for students who whish to study the Syriac Peshitta New Testament. It furnishes a complete analysis of the text of the Gospels of the Peshitta New Testament. The verses are listed one after the other. Under each verse, the author provides the following analysis:
- Each word is listed as it stands in the text.
- The English rendering is given according to the Authorized Version, with a more literal translation where it seems necessary.
- The corresponding Greek word, or words.
- The grammatical parsing of the word, with all its version forms as occurring in the Gospels, or in other parts of the New Testament, with references.
- The derived forms traced to their respective roots. Under this head, the author adds derivations from verbs and nouns, which, although not occurring in the Gospels, often serve to illustrate the meaning of the original root.
- Analogous or cognates where such exist from Hebrew and Aramaic.
- A literal translation of the passage in English.
- The author also provides a complete index to the whole work which helps the student find any word, including every conjugation.
The Clavis begins with the Gospel of St. John as its language is the simplest, and ends with that of St. Luke. It is an indispensable tool for any student of the New Testament or the Syriac language.
- Vydavateľstvo: Gorgias Press LLC
- Rok vydania: 2005
- Formát: Hardback
- Rozmer: 235 x 157 mm
- Jazyk: Anglický jazyk
- ISBN: 9781593331771
- Anglický jazyk
Celtic Parables - Stories, poems and prayers
Robert van de Weyer